If you own any Mtn Wi-Fi devices, you might also have the issue of not able to view your messages even when the indicator shows you have an unread messages. Many users for months have been complaining about this and mtn itself doesn’t have any fix to this.
How do I resolve it? pic.twitter.com/nu6tO4kCAA
— theo.io 💙 (@theo_dot_io) May 31, 2022
Having the same issue and honestly it's really frustrating pic.twitter.com/sTaW3T4bgN
— Dami (@Dreycoded) March 29, 2022
Manchester United still had hopes of qualifying for the Uefa champions League when I started to wait…
— TAjWorld 🇳🇬 🌎 (@Adroit4gold) April 24, 2022
I have the same issue too, I have tried another mtn sim with my device it’s the same … just waiting
— MIDE ❣️🇳🇬 ♓ (@effizyofficial1) April 1, 2022
Well, finally there’s a fix.
How to fix mtn Wi-Fi messages issues
For most users, they are unable to view Wi-Fi messages after their inbox is full. While for others, they just can’t view their inbox.
For this tutorial, you’ll need an android phone or your iOS device to clear your messages which will enable you to access any incoming messages.
ZTELink – Wi-Fi device manager
For this tutorial, we will be using the app above. You can download ZTELINK for android here for click here to download for iOS devices.
How to use ZTELink to fix Messages problem on MTN Wi-Fi devices
To fix the issue, download the app and follow the steps below.
- Either on your android or iOS device, launch the ZTELink app.
- Tap anywhere on the screen to login. Usually, the default password to your Wi-Fi is admin. If you changed your password, used your newly password.
- After successful login you’ll see a screen as this. which shows your common Wi-Fi information on the screen along side your battery information.
- On the top right, click on the messages icon. a blank page with “SMS capacity is full, please delete some SMS” warning will come up. Which tells you your messages details cannot be displayed.
- Head back to the Home Screen and tap the “Commons” on the center button of your screen.
- After doing that, some other information will display alongside your total count of messages on your Wi-Fi.
- Tap open the messages and now you’ll see all the unread messages on your Mtn Wi-Fi device.
- Select all and delete them. Note, after deleting… some new pending messages will still come into until the last message has been delivered. So, what you need to do is to reload and keep deleting.
- When done, you can now access your Mtn Mobile Wi-Fi via browser as you usually do before and now, you’ll see you can open the message section of it.
That’s a lengthy trick but the only way to fix this issue for now.
Point to note:
- For the tutorial to work, you’ll need to be connected to your Mtn Wi-Fi device.
- ZTELink works best on android devices and older version of iOS. As you saw via the images, I had to switch to my android device to complete the tutorial.
- You can use ZTELink to manage your Wi-Fi faster then using the web login.
Did you know?
If you are using the web to manage your Wi-Fi, you can use the mobile version of it. Here’s the link http://192.168.0.1/m/index.html#/login
That’s the end of the tutorial. I hope I was able to solve your Wi-Fi messages problem on mtn.
Have any questions? Use the live chat or drop a comment below and you’ll get a reply asap.
This worked s well. After series of fruitless engagements with MTN customer care. Thanks alot. God bless you
We glad the tutorial worked for you.
Thank you so much for this tutorial, it resolved my issue. God bless you!
Glad we could help.